Monday, June 4, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day was not only special this year because it fell on my birthday.  It was perfect because of the three very wonderful people that made me a mom.

Emma Lanae has been the perfect person to break me in as a mother.  If she were a candy, she'd be the sweetest kind.  Her heart is as big as the world and she's just as fearless.  I will never forget how it felt to hold her for the first time- like someone had just handed me a bundle of velvet.  As soon as she was born, I knew I'd never be lonely again.

I should have known how awesome my little man would be by the way he entered the world.  Benjamin Paul barely caused me any pain and I was cracking jokes as I was pushing him out.  He was one month early but perfectly strong- and chill.  I was always nervous how I would react to having a little boy, and relieved to find that our bond was solid from the beginning.  He's my most snugly baby...and silly.  He has his daddy's sense of humor, and my strong sense of anxiety about the world.

Lyla Rose has been the infusion of hope and vitality that our family desperately needed after a couple years of consistent trials and sadness.  Her sparkly and lovely spirit has rounded out our family and just her presence makes us feel peaceful and excited about the future.  When I first held her, I knew I was holding someone exceptional.  And she smelled so beautiful.  Lyla came to me heaven scented.

I hope I can be the mom they need me to be.  Nothing scares me more than failing these three most important people.  But I am so thankful for the opportunity.







No comments: