Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Vacation to Kansas, October 2015

Thankfully, the kids are in a school district that gives them two weeks off each October, December, and March.  I have been struggling with vertigo the last year and a half, so Trenton and I haven't really gone anywhere lately, and we decided it was finally time to plan a vacation.  We had the perfect excuse to get out of town when my nephew, Hunter was being awarded his Eagle Scout.  So we hopped in the car, said some prayers that the car ride wouldn't exacerbate my dizziness and drove 10 hours through the night.  Our kids were such perfect little travelers- I couldn't believe it!  We only stopped to use the restroom 3 times, and I can count on one hand the times they complained. 

Once we got there, my sister and mom took over watching the kids and let me and Trenton catch up on our sleep.  I think the most comforting thing in the world was when I heard my mom in the other room saying, "Come on kids- let's not bother your mom and dad.  Let them sleep.  Come downstairs and I'll make you some breakfast."  It was at that moment that I realized we were truly on vacation.  I rolled over, breathed a sigh of total relief, and enjoyed some of the sweetest sleep I've had in years.

Our trip to Kansas was so relaxing.  We enjoyed hanging with family, taking walks in the evening, visiting a Cider Mill, long drives to look at Fall foliage, a trip to the Arboretum, shopping, eating yummy BBQ, and feeding goats and riding horses at the Deanna Rose Farm.  I loved that we didn't have anywhere we had to be.  And of course, I loved reconnecting with my sister and her family.    







































































No comments: