Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Christmas Eve 2015

One of my favorite traditions with Heather is to go to the Citadel Mall at Christmas time.  It all started when I was 3 years old when she'd take me to the mall and get me ice cream from "Michelle's" and buy me Peachy Penguins.  I don't think there is an original store in that mall, but the food court, with it's overly chlorinated fountain, is exactly the same, and just being there with her brings me so much comfort.  This year, our time was so limited that the only day we could go was on Christmas Eve, but we got there soon enough that it wasn't outrageously busy.  We sampled some scents from Bath and Body Works and just enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the day.  I read somewhere that the Citadel was purchased by a large real estate firm.  I really hope their goal is just to renovate and not redevelop the area.  There are too many memories there to lose that mall!


Once Trenton was done with work, we headed over to Laurie's for our traditional soup and appetizer dinner and then opened presents with the Cruzans and Schlossers.  We had so much fun and the kids were buzzing with excitement. 















After we had our yearly Fleetwood Mac dance party, we headed back to our house so Trenton could read to our kiddos and they could set out the treats for Santa.  I love how excited the kids are to go to bed on Christmas Eve.




And just like that, not a creature was stirring...





No comments: