Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Happy 10th Birthday Benny!

Happy 10th Birthday to my little man! I know it’s tough to be the middle child AND the only boy sandwiched between two sisters, but man, we love you Benny.







I had the opportunity to volunteer with some friends at the ribbon cutting of the new Multiple Sclerosis Alliance in Colorado Springs. After spending time with these wonderful people, I’m reminded that one thing is certain...there is strong, and then there is chronic illness strong. As a chronic illness sufferer myself, I’d just like to remind you that we are not contagious, we are not seeking attention, we are not hypochondriacs, we are not crazy, we deserve quality of life, we are not lazy, we do not want or choose this, we battle every day to get out of bed, we want to work, we want to make a difference, we want to be productive, we are trapped in broken bodies, but we are not weak.



When I was in high school, I worked at a pizza place and Trenton would come in and put an order in at least a couple nights a week. It seriously never occurred to me back then that it was for any other reason than he just really liked pizza.  21 years later and I’m pretty sure he still likes me as much as pizza.










No comments: