Monday, October 3, 2016

My 33rd Birthday

As much as I want to complain, I really can't be upset that I turned 33.  It means I'm still kicking, right?  And if you have to turn a year older, what better way to do it than surrounding yourself with nature, family, and friends?  Trenton had to work on my actual birthday, so I took the kids to one of my favorite parks and we had a picnic followed by a gorgeous hike.  Trenton spoiled me with kisses and presents when I got home.  Later that week, my friends Janette and Ali treated me to a Victorian tea party at a real castle in Manitou City.  They had a beautifully gluten-free menu for me and I truly indulged.  We followed that by shopping downtown and making our own soaps and lotions, and sampling gourmet chocolates.  Later that evening, we celebrated all the May birthdays with my family.  Thanks for spoiling me, everyone!













No comments: