Monday, October 3, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

My Mom and I celebrated Mother's Day together a little early this year by bringing flowers to my grandparents' grave.  It was very special to watch my mom honor her mom.  After that, we put flowers on the grave of our babies that were born in Heaven.  I'm grateful that my mom and Lyla were able to be with me.  It was a tender moment.  We topped the day off with cupcakes from our favorite bakery, Coquette's.

Later that evening, my siblings and I took my mom out to dinner at Biaggi's and celebrated all that she's done for us throughout our lives.  We are so blessed to have a mother that is so easy to love.

On Mother's Day, Trenton and I hosted breakfast for his family.  My kids were so excited to spoil their grandma with presents and spend time with her.  Later that morning, the kids surprised me with a wagon full of flowers that we intended on planting together after church, per our annual Mother's Day tradition.  Unfortunately, I came down with a flu as the day progressed, so Trenton set up a makeshift bed for me outside so I could enjoy my family's company as they planted the flowers for me.  I'm not sure what I did to get this lucky, but I'll take it! 
























No comments: