Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Thrift Shop

Ever since I was 2 years old, which is when my family moved from Florida to Colorado, I have been accompanying my mom to the thrift shop on the air force base.  There really aren't enough words to describe the level of comfort I have felt when shopping with my mom for the past 30 years.  Even just the musty smell of this place fills me with warm fuzzies, which is why we were both devastated last July when we found out the shop would be demolishing the building over the summer and moving to a different location.  Of course we were grateful that they weren't closing altogether, but it was still depressing to know that we couldn't revisit the place we had built so many happy memories. I looked like a crazy person, snapping so many pictures throughout the store.  An all time low for me was when my mom actually said, "Janet stop- you're embarrassing me."  I'm embarrassing you!?  Ha! Well anyway- we have since visited the new shop, and it's lovely, and of course we can build new memories.  But it will never be the same.  Rest in peace, Thrift Shop!  :)
 








No comments: