Thursday, November 5, 2015

August 17, 2015

Unfortunately, the weekend before Ben's 6th Birthday, he got a yucky stomach virus.  I hate when my kids are sick, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I enjoy the extra cuddles I get.  Thankfully, on his actual birthday, he was feeling much better and was able to enjoy himself.  We had a little party for him at home before heading to chick-fil-a for dinner and then miniature golfing.  But Ben's perfectly happy birthday came crashing down when he accidentally whacked Lyla in the forehead with a golf club while we were mini golfing and split her eyebrow wide open. I guess it's not a party until you end up in the ER. Lyla is just fine (thankfully the derma-bond worked and she didn't need stitches.) But I just had to laugh when I took the picture of Lyla seeing herself for the first time. She gasped and put her hand over her chest and dramatically said, "Oh my..." like a little old southern woman. Anyway- another giant thank you to those that made Ben's day so special. All things considered, it really was great.






















No comments: