Sunday, November 1, 2015

Mother's Day and My 32nd Birthday

Mother's Day and my birthday blurred together in the same wonderful weekend this year.  Trenton and I were blessed to spend time with both of our moms.
 

I'll tell ya,  If my kids love me half as much as I love my mom, I'll consider my life a success.  She is my very best friend and she makes this place a sunshiny place.



Trenton suprised me with this beautiful vase/utensil carrier, and the kids picked me these flowers out of my mom's yard.  Best present ever.


My cute kiddos also gave me this precious cookie press.  I love anything that adds a little extra detail, and this definitely does that.


Trenton also worked very hard to build a retaining wall in the front yard so we could plant a garden.  For mother's day, he took me to Lowe's so I could pick out some bushes and flowers, and then we spent an afternoon planting them together.  Heaven.



As if that weren't enough, I still had my birthday to look forward to.  On my actual birthday, I came home from running some errands to find that several of my precious friends put together a surprise tea party for me.  My friend Janette used her own hibiscus flowers to make the most delicious herbal tea.  My friend Christine made me the sweet "Loved" sign.  I did indeed feel very loved.











Trenton had this bike waiting on the front porch for me when I got home.  I had been wanting a bike for so long, and this vintage style huffy was the sweetest surprise.  I rode around my neighborhood the entire day with the goofiest smile on my face- I couldn't help myself.





Later that weekend, Trenton also surprised me with a party with some of our friends.  We had yummy snacks and a seriously hilarious game night. I love and am so thankful for all of my beautiful friends, and of course, my sweet hubby.














No comments: