Monday, September 24, 2012

Winter Park


We were lucky enough to be invited to Trenton's friend Nash's wedding this weekend up in Grandby, Colorado.  I say we were lucky because it was the most gloriously scenic drive up there, quite possibly the most romantic wedding location and ceremony, and definitely the most relaxing weekend with my husband in Winter Park.

The only negative was having to take a ski lift up to the top of the mountain for the wedding.  The fear of heights has haunted me since my family first visited the Grand Canyon.  My theory is that I'm tall and have farther to fall.  But I did get on the lift, and my reward for facing my fear was immediate because the view was amazing!

Trenton and I stayed at the Village in Winter Park, CO.  It's a ski town, so the hotel was drenched in coziness.  It was nestled in a forest of white-lit trees and we had a fireplace and simmering hot-tub waiting for us to soak our tired dancing feet in when we got back from the wedding.












 








 












No comments: