Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Magical Minds

The cuteness factor at our house went through the roof this past August as Emma prepared for her first day of preschool.  She asked sweetly if we could pick out a new outfit, backpack, and water bottle. Of course she chose Tinkerbell for all three.  She couldn't stop talking about going to school, and the night before she actually laid her clothes out and put her bag by the door.  I was happy she was so excited, but a little sad she was so eager to fly the coop.  Thankfully, as we were leaving on the big day she stopped and asked if I could pack her a picture of our family, in case she missed us through the day.  That was enough to make me feel just needed enough, and help me prepare to unleash my baby from the incubator of toddler-hood. 

Ben was very sad when he realized we were leaving without Emma.  Up until now, they have both always been together with me wherever we went.  He adjusted quickly though, and I think he appreciates the undivided attention he gets while Emma is at school and Lyla is napping.  Little handsome.  Being the middle kid, we've never really had that alone time together, and I'm loving it as much as he is.  I've also noticed a huge improvement in his crabby whininess since Emma started school.  When I picked Emma up that first day she was full of sparkly, smiley, giggly excitement.  And it's been that way every day since.  I love that girl!












 




No comments: