Monday, September 17, 2012

A Walk Along "Pretty Lane"

Yesterday, Trenton and I took the kids for a walk around some of our favorite neighborhoods.  I was hoping the leaves would have changed more by now- it was still very summery.  This is one of my dream houses down by the Broadmoor.  I have always loved this home.  You can't tell, but just within that bay window there is a grand piano.  Also, when we were taking this picture there were three baby deer alseep just around the side of the home.  So sweet.
 
Later that day, we decided it was time to harvest our beets.  Emma pulled the red streamers out of the birthday drawer and decorated the entire house for a "Beet Party."  They were yummy, but more work than they were worth here in Colorado Springs.  It was fun to give it a try, but I think next year we will stick with more productive fruits and vegetables.  I do have to admit- It's pretty awesome to have a husband that enjoys gardening.  We've been learning a lot together and doing what we can with what little land is ours.














No comments: