Saturday, August 24, 2013

Room Swap

The time finally came for Lyla to transition to her big girl bed, so I took the opportunity to paint the rooms and switch things around.  It was tough to decorate when Emma and Ben shared a room.  But with the girls in one room and Benny in the other, I had a little fun.

Lyla looked so tiny in her bed.  The first night, she only came into our room once.  I was startled to see her standing there at my bedside with her thumb in her mouth, but all we had to do was tuck her back into bed and kiss her and she stayed the rest of the night.  She hasn't had any problems since, and seems to really appreciate this newfound freedom.

Ben was initially excited as we drove to Lowe's and picked out the paint for his room and he was happy as we were hanging all the cowboy themed decorations.  But shortly after we finished making his bed, I could tell his heart was sinking.  When I asked him what was bothering him, he said, "What if I get scared at night?  Emma won't be in the room with me."  Sweet baby boy.  We assured him that he could keep his door open, and that Emma and Lyla were only one room away.  He had no trouble that first night, and hasn't had any since.  Ben seems to really enjoy the fact that his room is no longer studded with flowers and pictures of cupcakes.  It's all boy all the time, just like him.











 

No comments: