Monday, October 29, 2012

Trip to Heather's

I finally got to take the trip to Heather's that I was originally supposed to take last October.  The trip had been put off a year because of being put on bed rest with Lyla.  So for the second time in a matter of two weeks, I left Trenton with all 3 kids for 5 days to visit my sister.  I didn't know until after I had confirmed the tickets that my parents had been planning to drive out to visit Heather the same weekend.  Fun!

Flying into KC was terrifying.  There was a wind advisory and so for the last 25 minutes as we were descending, the plane was not only turbulent- but literally rocking drastically from side to side.  The worst the part didn't come until we landed.  The plane hit the ground, but then a micro-burst picked the plane back up, turned it to the side and the right wing scraped along the runway for about 5 seconds (which is a long time under the circumstances).  The lady sitting next to me (Who I had been trying to comfort for most of the flight) grabbed my arm and started crying.  Kids were screaming and crying, and a grown man dropped the "F" bomb.  It never really crossed my mind all the horrible things that could have happened until I got to talking to my family about the possibilities.  I realized then just how blessed we were, and how well trained that pilot really was.  But now I can honestly claim to have survived a plane crash!  I was NOT looking forward to having to turn right around 5 days later and get on another plane.

Once I had a few hours to calm down, we headed to Hunter's football game.  It was freezing!  But I was definitely a proud Auntie.

Tim and Heather treated us to a movie.  The seats were leather and reclined, and you had a server that took your order and brought the food to you during the movie.  And this was not your typical movie theater fare.  After the movie we went to one of the nicest malls I have ever been to. It was there that I had my first encounter with an "American Girl" store.  Oh my...

Sunday was so peaceful.  We went to Heather's ward for church and then had a picnic at the Arboretum there in Olathe, KS.  Being from Colorado, I'm used to gorgeous Aspens changing- but this was like nothing I've ever seen.  So many glorious trees.

We finished the trip by goofing around on the trampoline, more shopping, and facials.  Why can't vacations last forever?

Oh, and my flight home was wonderfully uneventful.






 
















 




































No comments: