Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Patch of Terror

In theory- going to the pumpkin patch is a fun fall activity.  It should be fun.  But for Ben- it was a factory of terror.  He is currently deathly afraid of wind.  Not only is he understandably nervous about the "there's a storm a'comin" kind of wind- but he screams from fear at even the most pleasant breeze.  And the Happy Apple Farm was just riddled with pleasant breezes.  Heaven forbid.
 
Trenton unexpectedly had to work this past Saturday, so it was up to me to create this "happy" childhood memory for my three spawns on my own...and I'm pretty sure I failed.  Ben started crying from the second we got out of the car.  And it didn't end until we left.

Since there was no calming his irrational fear, I finally decided to put him down, try and ignore the judgmental looks from the innocent bystanders, and snap at least a few cute pictures.

Thankfully, my family was willing to help with carrying the kids' pumpkins and Lyla so I could help Ben cope.  Finally, when it was time to pay for the stupid pumpkins, Ben stopped crying.  He stopped crying because I bought them ice-cream cones.  I wish I had known that all he had needed was a little sugar to calm his nerves.

Even with the constant crying, it was a fun way to welcome Fall.




















 

No comments: