Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Orlando Vacation

In February, we flew through the night with magic in our view.  It was the kids' first flight, and they were like little popping bubbles of excitement the entire time.  This trip was spontaneous, but also something we have been wanting to do to honor our friend Paul.  He passed away last year and was buried on the day he and his wife were scheduled to be on a plane to Disney World for the first time.  Unfortunately, cancer doesn't respect our plans.  But if Paul's life taught me anything- it's that fear doesn't stop death.  It stops us from living.  And even though I live with anxiety and chronic pain, every moment I'm still breathing is precious and not to be wasted.  I'm still going to take the vacations ,and eat the yummy food, and collect as many memories with my hubby and babies as I can.  Because if I don't, what's the point of all of this?  Paul- I promise I drank as many butter beers as I could for you.  Our first day we had lunch at Cocoa Beach.  Happy sigh.  My family lived in Florida when I was born, and they love to tell me the story of how I'd repeatedly sneak off as a baby toward the water, in my little yellow bathing suit, while they were picnicking on the beach.  They'd barely catch me as I was crawling into the ocean.  The next day we visited the Madame Tussaud wax museum, the Orlando aquarium, and we had lunch at "Sugar" and had the most incredible milkshake and drink.  They also had the best fettuccini alfredo I've ever eaten.  We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the beach, and nothing makes me happier than the sound of my kids' laughter with the crashing waves of the ocean.  
 


 
 






















































 









No comments: