Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Labor Day 2018

September was filled with some really wonderful moments that were equally met with sadness.  We enjoyed the balloon glow over Labor Day weekend, and some wonderful times spent with Heather's family and our friends. I also got to attend the Go Red luncheon for the American Heart Association, which was an incredible experience.  Unfortunately, my mom was put in the ICU for sepsis following an infected bed sore and a severe urinary tract infection.  While in the hospital, it became very clear that she was much sicker than any of us realized and she was diagnosed with moderate Alzheimer's.  This was not surprising, but devastating nonetheless.  It has been very hard for me to deal with the reality that I'm losing my mom one memory at a time.  Having watched my grandma go through it, I'm terrified about what the months and years have in store for her.  We are all trying very hard to love and care for her the way she deserves, and she deserves the best of everything. 
 












































No comments: