Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Aside from a catching a yucky head cold, our Thanksgiving was heavenly. We spent our warm and sunny day surrounded by family and an abundance of yummy food.  This has been a very tough year for me with my health, but I'm reminded of one of my favorite quotes by Dieter F. Uchtdorf-
"It is easy to be grateful for things when life seems to be going our way. But what then of those times when what we wish for seems to be far out of reach? Could I suggest that we see gratitude as a disposition, a way of life that stands independent of our current situation? In other words, I'm suggesting that instead of being thankful for things, we focus on being thankful in our circumstances- whatever they may be."
This echoes what my almost 100 year old Grandma said when I asked her what her secret to life is. She said, "Be happy and thankful wherever you are, doing whatever it is you're doing."


  I have been blessed with a wealth that can't be spent.  And I am so, so grateful.





















No comments: