Sunday, November 30, 2014

Bill's Visit

Back in October, I got a call in the middle of the night from my mom that my dad had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital because he was too weak to stand without falling.  It was very scary, considering that just weeks before, he had endured open heart surgery.  He was treated for a bad kidney infection, and then transferred to a rehab facility to regain his strength before heading back home.  Since he was there for a while, the kids had the idea that we should take grandpa some treats and fall decorations to hang around his room to cheer him up.  One of the many reasons I love my dad, is that even when he's feeling absolutely horrible, he takes the time to love on my kids.  He even let them crawl up on his bed while he read to them.  I'm so grateful they will always have these memories with him.

Bill decided to make the trip out here to be with dad and stayed with us during conference weekend.  In spite of my dad being sick, we all did our best to enjoy the mild weather and spending time together.  In between visits with grandpa, we enjoyed a trip to Rock Ledge Ranch, lots of yummy food, watching conference, and lots of napping.























No comments: