Friday, March 30, 2012

1 Month

I always love when people take a picture of their babies each month next to an object to demonstrate that month's growth.  I wish I had done this with Emma and Ben, but the 3rd time's a charm.

This is Emma's doll, "Cupcake."  Lyla was actually smaller than the doll when she was born (too bad I didn't get a picture then.)  Cupcake is the doll we had Emma and Ben practice with when we were trying to prepare for Lyla.  Every time they would rock her or pretend to diaper her I would always say, "Keep in mind that our real baby will be bigger."  Little did I know that Cupcake would actually be bigger!

So here she is at one month!

I may not be able to nurse her from my body, but the bond I feel when I feed her is unbreakable.  I feel so close to heaven when her little head is pressed against my heart and she looks me in the eyes.



 
 

No comments: