Friday, March 30, 2012

Finally Spring!


Spring meant a lot to me this year.  One of the thoughts that kept me going throughout my entire nightmare of a pregnancy is that eventually spring would come.  No matter how horrible things got, I knew that the trees would bloom, the weather would warm up, and Lyla would be born.  As fate would have it, this spring has been especially beautiful, and I'm finally no longer pregnant and actually feeling well enough to get out and enjoy it!

While Laurie loved on Lyla, Trenton and I took Ben and Emma to the park so Emma could practice her bike riding skills.  She's doing so well!  I bet we will have the training wheels off by the beginning of the summer.

I thought that giving Emma two younger siblings would set her up with what she needed in the way of companionship, but apparently she needs more friends.  I'm impressed that she felt the vacuum needed to accessorize with a string of pearls.

Lyla is such a blessing to our family, but one of the things I hate most about giving birth is all the hassle with the insurance company and various providers for weeks and months to follow.  Thankfully we had good coverage with this baby, but that didn't stop the massive amounts of bills from rolling in.  It never fails that somebody- whether it's the baby's doctor, or my doctor, the anesthesiologist- somebody didn't get their check from the insurance company.  Which means I get to spend hours on the phone and sifting through piles of medical bills.

But then I look at my sweet baby and realize she's worth every bit of it. Lyla Rose is plumping up beautifully.  She weighs 6.7 lbs (hallelujah!) and measures 19 1/2 inches.  She's still not even on the growth chart, but we've come so far.  I'm sure she'll be caught up by her two month appointment.  And if not- she'll still be perfect.

Emma and Ben have been so precious with the baby.  I anticipated that they would want to help with the diapering, feeding, and bathing, but I never could have imagined how sweet and gentle they would be be with her.  They constantly beg to hold her, and when they do they sing lullaby's and baby talk to her.  I just don't even know how to handle the cuteness.  I'm trying to be careful to remember that they are both still little too- my babies. 

Emma had her first dental appointment this week.  She was so awesome.  I was actually having anxiety attacks the whole week leading up to it because I wasn't sure how she'd deal with it.  But she handled it like a pro, which is good because she has a cavity that needs to be filled next week. 

Other than that, we've just been busy getting ready for Easter. 












 

 



 
 

 




No comments: