Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas was very merry this year. Emma was old enough to actually appreciate all the festivities and grow excited with each passing December day. My mom brought her an advent calendar and opening each day's pocket became the highlight of her evenings. She was always so bummed when it was Ben's turn to enjoy the chocolate. Ben was also very interested in undecorating our tree, eating yummy cookies, and unwrapping presents (most of which were not his!) We celebrated on Christmas eve at Darrel and Laurie's. It's always so cozy, and we leave feeling very spoiled.




Emma got a portable DVD player from her Grandma Laurie. I think it's safe to say that was one of her favorite gifts, especially since she was spoiled with several new movies as well. Thank you Laurie, for the pockets of solitude...it's one of my favorite gifts too.

Ben was so sleepy after our party at Laurie's that he didn't get to participate in our traditional reading of , "T'was the Night Before Christmas." But I had to catch a picture of him before he went down for his "long winter's nap."


Emma had to make sure everything was "just right" for Santa. She picked the cookies with precision and made sure there were carrots for the reindeer. I think she was genuinely nervous about when and how he would come. The word excited doesn't cover what she was experiencing.


Ben got a stuffed snowman in his stocking and as soon as I handed it to him, he cuddled it right up to his face. He treated it like a baby doll the rest of the morning.
After we finished opening our family gifts we hopped in the car and headed to Heather's for breakfast with the rest of my family.


Later that evening we all met back up at my parents' for dinner and presents. My favorite part of the night was turning off the houselights and singing "Silent Night" to the glow of the Christmas lights. Cheesy, yes. But it made me so happy!
Merry Christmas!
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: