Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Snow and Maple Nut Loaf

The week between Christmas and New Year we FINALLY got some snow! Emma received some birthday money from her Grandma and when I told her she could pick out whatever she wanted, she chose a sled! It hadn't snowed a bit by this point so I felt a little guilty spending the money on that. Little did I know we would soon be enjoying some gorgeous snow! In spite of how bitter it was, Emma felt right at home buried in the fluffy stuff. Unfortunately, Benny had a nasty cold and couldn't join in the fun. Hopefully there are many more snowstorms in our future.

Later that evening we were invited to enjoy a traditional, completely homemade German meal at "Mama Foote's." Then she indulged my need to make Maple Nut Loaf. I don't feel confident enough to make the stuff on my own. It's one of those recipes that requires love, constant attention, strong muscles, and a trained eye. But the hard work (mostly on the part of Trenton and Steve) paid off and we have been enjoying the yummiest, creamiest, most luscious fudge-like treat all week. Thanks Carol!

Until Next Time!
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: