Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Summertime and Father's Day 2018

Last summer I went through some of the most painful moments I had ever experienced.  A lot of it had to do with the agony of the deaths I had witnessed earlier in the year, but I also dealt with some pretty intense betrayals within my tight-knit group of friends.  I was exhausted, and confused, and really just felt like giving up.  Thankfully, Trenton had the wisdom to suggest we fly my sister Heather out from Kansas for a week.  I felt comfort from the moment she got there.  We talked, cried, shopped, had gourmet lemonade, spent a day at the pool, and enjoyed some quality time with family.  It was all such a wonderful reminder that no matter how badly I feel things are going, I always have so much to be grateful for, and that family is everything.  





























No comments: