Thursday, June 8, 2017

Escape to Denver

We began showing serious signs of cabin fever, so this handsome guy and I packed an overnight bag and surprised the kids with an impromptu trip to Denver.  After what felt like weeks of dense fog, we found the sunshine again, and it was heavenly.














When we got home, our sweet neighbors put together the most romantic and delicious early valentine's dinner for us.  And then we enjoyed a rainstorm in their hot tub.  It was heavenly.








My kids always look forward to holiday packages from their Aunt Heather and Uncle Tim.  I'm so thankful for facetime so she can enjoy watching them open their presents.




I realized the morning of Valentine's Day that this was the last year I'd have my littlest Valentine home with me on V-day.  Next year she will be busy enjoying a party with her kindergarten friends. Oh my aching heart.


It was torture waiting for Trenton to finish work and the kids to get home from school.  I was so excited for everyone to see the heart attack I had set up for them.  Finally, everyone got to enjoy their Valentine's, and then we joined my family for dinner because my oldest brother Bill was in town for work.










No comments: