Monday, June 12, 2017

Early Spring Flowers and The Pioneer Museum

I couldn't help but pick up a shamrock plant while I was at the grocery store. That time of year always reminds me of my time in Ireland. Even though I was terribly sea sick on the boat from Wales, all of that was forgotten once we stepped on land. It truly was the most beautiful place I'd ever been. Ireland is like Mother Earth's 10 karat emerald ring that she likes to wear when she really wants to show off.


I was greeted at the garden center with a rainbow of flowers and the scent of manure. Spring is only 9 days away! Unfortunately these flowers are doomed to face the brutality of springtime in Colorado, but I felt giddy nonetheless.




Lyla and I surprised Emma while she was on her field trip at the Pioneer Museum. It was sunny and 70 degrees, which was perfect weather for a picnic and a lecture about tuberculosis.  I'm so thankful for antibiotics. 






No comments: