Sunday, October 6, 2013

Labor Day 2013

I usually hate labor day.  It's kind of a depressing holiday because it marks the end of summer.  Invitations to BBQ's go away, the outside pools close and everyone is back in school.  All of this happens even though every fiber of Mother Nature is still screaming, "It's still Summer!"  Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised this Labor Day weekend because nobody was willing to acknowledge that summer was waning.  We enjoyed 3 BBQ's, plenty of fun in the outside pools, and the schools were closed...for the day.  Trenton's Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Gary, and his Grandparents visited us over the weekend from Nebraska.  On Sunday, we joined Trenton's family for a BBQ at Laurie's.  We finally got a picture with some of the cousins actually smiling.  My kids were spoiled with love and attention from four generations!  I never even met my Great Grandparents.  Such lucky kids!  While we were there, we also celebrated Brittany's 16th and Taylor's 3rd birthdays.  Happy Birthday girls! 
 
On Monday we headed over to Doug and Christy's for some more water play and a BBQ with my family.  The variety of meat that we had was kind of ridiculous.  Wonderfully ridiculous.  Trenton and Steve ran to Home Depot and grabbed a giant tarp for a red neck slip n slide.  It was so awesome, even I couldn't resist.  My chest and ribs hurt for the rest of the week!  It was a perfectly hot, popsicle slurping end to the summer.









 








 








 






No comments: