Monday, October 7, 2013

Colorado Floods 2013

Our poor state took a huge hit this year between the Summer wildfires and the flash floods that have been plaguing us this Fall.  There has been so much devastation statewide.  The floods started on September 9th and caused heavy rain and catastrophic flooding along the entire Front Range, affecting almost 200 miles, all the way from Colorado Springs to Fort Collins.  Colorado was declared a disaster emergency on September 13th.

Trenton and I did our best to keep the kids calm during the storms.  I only got caught once in the storm while I was trying to make it to church, which was very scary in my little Honda Civic.  Thankfully I made it home safely, and vowed to never try and brave the flooded roads again. 

We had what fun we could have under the circumstances.  Torrential downpours do make for awesome puddles!  Rainy days are also perfect for football and snuggling.









No comments: