Sunday, July 7, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Trenton woke up on Father's Day to three babies crawling all over him.  We shared breakfast on the deck, he opened his gifts, and we hurried off to church where he and all the other dads were serenaded by all the primary kids in our ward, including Emma and Ben.  He was spoiled with extra kisses, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, a bottle of tomato juice, and a new Husker's hat.  I spoiled him with a new grill.
 
After church, we played around in the yard a little and then had my family over for dinner.  I feel so lucky to be able to celebrate Father's Day with my brothers, the father of my children, and my own dad.  What a blessing.
 
I'm so happy my kids are growing up with a daddy that couldn't love them more.  He's the type of daddy that knows how important it is to take off her pretty dress before giving our 16 month old a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  He's a daddy that takes them to run errands when it would be easier to just leave them at home.  He cleans up their vomit and wipes poopy bottoms and sticky faces, and he brushes their teeth and reads them stories before bed.  He sets an example of what it is to be a good, hardworking person.  And he demonstrates to them daily how to wholeheartedly love and care for their future spouse.  My kids are pretty, darn lucky.
 










No comments: