Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Big 30

The day came.  The day went.  I am officially a 30 year old woman.
 
But here's the thing I didn't expect.  I went through the entire day and didn't feel like crying once.  I was surprised with all sorts of love from my wonderful friends and family, and I realized that I feel healthier and happier than I ever did in my 20's.  In fact, the majority of my 20's were spent either sick or pregnant, or both...so good riddance!
 
The Friday before the big day, we had a little gathering with my ladies at my friend Melissa's house.  Yummy food, silly conversation, games, and lots and lots of candy. 
 
On Saturday, we went for a hike at Helen Hunt Falls and then for some shopping and lunch in Old Colorado City.  The weather was just warm enough to eat outside and wander along the different shops.  That evening, we went with my family to see "The Great Gatsby."
 
I woke up on my birthday to a very excited little girl.  She couldn't wait to show me the card she had made me the night before.  I enjoyed my day by going out to lunch with Autum and Julie, and came home to a house that Emma and Ben went to the trouble to "decorate."  They put streamers on anything standing still.  So cute! 

Trenton spoiled me with all sorts of goodies.  He was so thoughtful and remembered things I had mentioned I wanted from forever ago.  We even enjoyed a gluten-free cake.  Turning 30 was so much fun!
 

















No comments: