Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was bittersweet for me.  It was sweet because the weather was perfect, I have three precious little people that call me Mom, and I was able to celebrate the day with my favorite women.  It was bitter because Mother's Day marked my last day in my 20's.  I was feeling all sorts of sorry for myself until I remembered a picture I had found last summer when I was helping my parents clean their garage out.  It was from an assignment I had in elementary school, and this particular picture was to depict what I wanted to be when I was 30.  I know it's hard to see, but apparently when I was 8, my view of 30 was exactly what I have become...even down to the ages and genders of my children.  Finding that picture put me and my pity party to shame.  I have my health, I have my kids, I have my husband, I have my animals.  Even if nothing else that is remotely noteworthy happens to me, I've been blessed with a full life and I should only be so lucky to enter an entirely fresh decade.












No comments: