Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May Day

We started out the month of May with a lot of snow and rain.  One of my favorite memories growing up was baking pinwheel cookies with my mom each May Day, packing them up in cute baskets, and leaving them on our friends' and neighbors' stoops.  But May 1st arrived with a chilly vengeance, and I had to work the entire day, so Emma and I curled up on the couch that evening and dipped some Oreos in milk instead.  Maybe next May we'll find the time to recreate childhood memories.  Or maybe Oreos will be our new May Day tradition.  Anyway, the beginning of May also brought a fun surprise.  My friend Tatum and her family joined us at Fargo's for a little reunion.  We were the best of friends throughout high school, but hadn't seen each other since Emma was a newborn.  She has three sweet little boys now and lives up in Castle Rock.
 
Later that week, the family came over and we celebrated Cinco De Mayo at our house with a glorious spread.  My parents brought the most delicious sopapillas and topped them with honey, whipped cream, and cherries.  We finished the evening off with a few games of Mexican Train. 

 

 



No comments: