Friday, March 22, 2013

St. Paddy's Day 2013

St. Paddy's day has always been such a fun holiday for me.  I'm not sure if it's my bright red hair and Irish roots, or if it's just because I love feasting and celebrating the traditions of one of my favorite countries.  Every March 17th during my four years of high school, I'd wear an entire suit (pants, shirt, and jacket) that was lime green.  I'm not sure whatever happened to that suit.  I might have to go through my mom's house and see about finding it.

Growing up, my mom always made us corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes and surprised us with various green treats.  I feel like St. Paddy' Day is a holiday worthy of getting my own kids excited about.  This year, they woke up to a trail of golden coins, which led to a "pot of gold" and other goodies.  After church we had the family over for a traditional feast.


























No comments: