Monday, July 30, 2012

July Picnic

On our way home from church last Sunday, we decided on a whim to take the kids for a picnic at Fox Run.  It was perfect.  We found some shade under a giant pine tree and did nothing much at all.
It really was a perfect day.  I wish we could have more of those, instead of the usual sick stomach-whiny-"I'm bored!"- "How are we going to make the money stretch this month?"- "I don't want to go to work tomorrow." kind of days.  But I guess it's the mundane that makes these special picnic type of days so wonderful.

Speaking of wonderful, we have a new family of finches living in the nest outside the kitchen window.  This time I actually had the once in a lifetime opportunity to witness the babies as they began hatching!





 



















 
 

No comments: