Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

Memorial Day weekend was full of an assortment of emotions this year. We had a very fun time kicking off the summer but we were also busy helping Tim and Heather prepare for their move to Kansas. Needless to say, every activity was a little tainted by that sad, pit-in-your-stomach feeling you get when one of your best friends is moving away. We did manage to get to "Territory Days," which is always a good time. I didn't know this until this year, but the name "Territory Days" came about because Old Colorado City was the very first capitol of Colorado territory. I love street fairs. I love the sweet, salty, smokey scents floating around from the different vendors. I love all the various kinds of music you get to sample as you move along the blocks. I love being around people. I love being outside in the sun. But my favorite part of any kind of festival or fair is the food!

Don't let Emma's expression fool you. She was all OVER that turkey leg.

I thought Emma was going to fall over from excitement when she found out she was going to ride a pony. She chose the smallest (and cutest, if I do say so myself) and named her, "Sparkle."

Trenton has also been very busy building us a shed. He developed the plans on his own and I am so impressed with the progress! Thanks, Jeremy, for the help last night!

Emma and Trenton went "camping" in our backyard this weekend. They built a fire, slept in a tent and Emma even slept in it until morning. I didn't manage to get any pictures of them, but Emma did sneak up on her mom and dad to catch a picture of us kissing out on the deck.

Thank you, so much, to all that have served and will serve our country. Happy Memorial Day!

Until Next Time!
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: