Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Farewell Tea Party

I was given a beautiful "tea cake" pan for my birthday from Heather and my mom and I was so excited to use it. I decided to throw Heather a "Goodbye" tea party before she made her move to Kansas. We were all nervous it would rain that day, but not a drop fell until the last guest was leaving. We even enjoyed the sun's company for the majority of the party.

We dined on french vanilla tea cakes that were drenched in raspberry glaze. The scones were orange-cranberry and toffee flavored. Our savory treats were cucumber sandwiches, and a variety of cheeses, meats, and crackers. To drink we enjoyed herbal mint and herbal blueberry teas. My mom set me free in the shrunk that holds all her tea pots, antique glassware, and linens, so of course I had a good time. It was pretty heavenly.

Apparently, this was also a goodbye party for Sarah. She and her family are moving to Indiana this summer. We'll miss you!

The girls brought over a lady bug they had spotted. You would have thought they found gold! I know the little girls had fun with all the daintiness and sugary treats.

But I think the big girls had even more fun!

Ben "cleaned up" after the girls once he woke up from his nap.

The only downside to this party was that we were saying goodbye.

But to quote Shelby in my favorite movie Steel Magnolias, "There are still good times to be had!"

Until Next Time,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: