Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Dance Recital 2011

Emma was so darling as she danced in her recital this year. Miss Amy created an adorable adaptation of "The Wizard of Oz." The recital was the exact same day and time as my three nieces that go to a different teacher. I was sad to have missed seeing their show. Shannon and Trenton's Mom came to show Emma their support.

For her ballet piece, she danced as "yellow" in the rainbow.

Whenever they rehearsed this song her teacher would have the girls clean all the feathers that had fallen off the boas. All the girls would throw them away, except for Emma. I didn't realize that she had been collecting them in her dance bag after each class until the day of the recital when they all fell out as I was looking for her shoes. She couldn't bear the thought of tossing perfectly good feathers and nearly had a panic attack as they whirled around in the wind. We did make it away with one feather to keep, and as fate would have it, the feather was yellow.

For the tap piece Emma danced as a "Munchkin."

Ashley also danced in that recital and did a very nice job.

I think Emma's favorite part of the day was when her Grandma presented her with her very own flowers and teddy bear.


I'm so proud of you Emma. You're my pretty little ballerina!

Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: