Saturday, April 16, 2011

Richard Schlosser

On March 9th, Trenton received a call from his brother informing us that his Dad had passed away earlier that morning. He was only 60, and his death, which was very sudden, came as such an unexpected shock to all of us that love him.

Trenton's Mom, and his two brothers were in Iowa that evening. I was having some complications with my pregnancy, so I wasn't able to fly out until the next day. But I will never forget how quickly and selflessly those boys snapped into action, despite their grief, to be sure their father was appropriately honored.

Here is Trenton with his brothers and Grandpa in Rick's home...

A funeral is a horrible thing to plan. But one thing that funerals do provide is an opportunity for family to connect in a way they might not otherwise.

The funeral was held on March 12th as a traditional catholic mass. The church was beautiful, and the music was heavenly. There were so many flowers.


I hope, wherever he is, that he knows how thankful I am for his life, and everyone he left behind. We miss you!

Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: