Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Trenton and I enjoyed the most relaxing Thanksgiving. We always want so desperately to be in the company of all our family, which can be a little taxing by the end of the night on the kids, and our guts. But for some reason, there was no stress this year and the kids seemed more than happy to be surrounded by grandparents, cousins, and aunts and uncles. Before the craziness of the holiday season began, Trenton and I went up to the temple and I was able to capture some of the beautiful fall foliage. My camera doesn't do justice how gorgeous the colors were.

Emma and Ben are really beginning to enjoy each other's company. For a while, Emma viewed him more as a baby doll and was kind of bored by him. Now they play together, joke around in the back seat of the car, and Ben is picking up all sorts of words and mannerisms from his big sister.

We enjoyed having Thanksgiving dinner at Laurie's again this year. Jim, Cindy, Cortney, Diana, Mike, John, and Brittany joined as well. As always, it was delicious!
I'm not sure how I didn't manage to get a picture, but after leaving Laurie's, we visited with Mike, Julie, and Autum. Matt proposed to Autum on Thanksgiving, and of course she said "Yes!" They will be getting married on Valentine's Day. Congrats Autum and Matt!
We ended the evening at Heather's. There was such a yummy spread, and she always sets a gorgeous table.
Trenton and I made it an early night because we had some "Black Friday" shopping to attend to the next morning. Up until this year, I had never joined Trenton, Laurie, and Diana. But I dragged my behind out of bed at 3:30 and we were off by 4. I will never miss out on that tradition again. It was so much fun!
And we got some seriously awesome deals!

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, we can look forward to Christmas. I couldn't be happier that it's time to pull out the hats and big, puffy coats and that the radio is playing Christmas music. Bring on the cooking, and baking, and holiday shopping!

Until next time!
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: