Thursday, October 14, 2010

Estes Park 2010

We went up to Estes again this year with Trenton's family, and Shannon and Steve also joined us for the trip this time. It was a little different from past years- a lot of the family that usually comes along didn't join us for various reasons, and they were VERY missed. Shannon was having contractions the whole time we were up there and I was concerned (and by concerned, I mean excited) that at any moment, we would need to hop in the car and head back to the Springs. She didn't go into active labor though, so we stayed until Sunday morning. The tradition is definitely getting more difficult with two children- we might have to consider that moving forward. But I know that Emma and Ben made a wonderful memory. Emma enjoyed, more than anything, staying in the RV that Laurie and Darrel loaned us for the weekend. I think that was my favorite part too- staying up late and playing board games in the back of the camper. And of course, I always enjoy perusing the little shops and picking out the "Enchanted Tales" figurines that I treat myself to each year. I love the artist's work, and what I truly love about him is his trademark...ladybugs.


Although we had a good time, I don't think I've ever been so happy to be home. I think we were all just in the mood to be warm and cozy in our very own beds.

Until next time!
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there
I came across this blog and I have a very important question for you.
Can you please email me at helydanielle@gmail.com
I do not know how to personally write just you on here.
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks so much

Danielle