Sunday, November 14, 2010

Enjoying Autumn

Anyone that knows me understands that my favorite time of year begins around the end of September and goes through Christmas. Even when I was a kid, as soon as the stores began displaying pumpkins and apple cider, I was overcome with excitement. I usually feel the need to live it up as much as possible- devouring every magazine and book about the holidays, trying new recipes and carrying my camera with me at all times. One of the happy things I enjoy doing once the leaves start changing is heading down to Old Colorado City for their "Scarecrow Days." Each shop creates and displays a scarecrow which is then entered into a contest- the winner is announced at a street fair on Halloween. This is the autumnal scene outside my favorite, girly shop -"Bernadeen's."




We also kicked off the season by making caramel apples. I've always done this little tradition, even when I was single. But it's so much more fun with a family of my own.



Janet

No comments: