Monday, October 4, 2010

Odds and Ends

My Emma is now 33 months, 26 pounds, and bursting with fun new words and abilities. She's such a busy little lady!


Trenton and I were lucky enough to join our cousins Jessica and Garold as they were sealed to each other and their family in the Denver temple. I am so happy for them and proud of the choices they've made to get to this point. The kids were darling during the ceremony. The whole thing reminded me that my parents made a similar decision to be sealed 37 years ago. My brother Bill was 7, Heather was 4, Doug was 3, and Cathy was a crying little baby- just like Jessica's youngest, America. I still wonder where I would be, all of my siblings for that matter, if my parents hadn't made the decision to be baptized back when they were in their 30's. Thankfully, I'll never know!
Ben with my cousin Ben. There were several by the name of Ben at Jessica's house later that evening. It was hard to keep track!

Ben is getting ready to cheer on the Denver Broncos. They needed it that day!

This was the day before little Taylor was born.
Before I had kids I used to promise myself I'd never use one of these buggies you find at the grocery store. They're so hard to maneuver through the store and you just look ridiculous driving them around. I guess I was missing the whole point back then. They are awesome! I am able to get my shopping done without any tears and I have full usage of the basket for my groceries.
Trenton and I decided to paint our house a warm "sage" color. I was inches away from this when my sister yelled, "Janet- look what is behind you!" Are you kidding me?
Anyway, we had lots of help from Laurie and Tim, and those that were willing to share their ladders. Thanks you guys! I will post pictures of the paint job when it's completely done.


Little Ben is now 13 months, weighs 20 lbs., is cruising like it's his job, and saying: Mama, Dada, Hi Dad, Nana (banana), and Eyes. I'm sure there are more words in there somewhere- I just don't understand them yet. He has 1 tooth on the bottom and is working on cutting another. He loves music and starts dancing any time he hears a beat. He is a very snuggly little boy. He is going to be a monkey for Halloween. And he LOVES grandma's potato salad...

Emma is completely obsessed with her. She loves to rub her cheeks on Taylor's head because her hair is so soft.

Last weekend, Trenton indulged my once-a-year need to go to the Cracker Barrel. I love to go during the fall because they have both their Autumn and Christmas decorations displayed in the Country Store attached to the restaurant. Emma and Ben couldn't get enough of the biscuits and cornbread that they bring out before the meal. I had my favorite turkey sandwich, and I decided that if I ever give birth again, that's the meal I want brought to me in the hospital. Other than post thanksgiving, there's nothing better.
After lunch we walked around the shops at Briargate and Emma fell in love with the Pottery Barn Kids- specifically this Emma sized vanity. They also had all their Halloween stuff displayed, which was adorable. I wish I had the money to just buy one of their displays in its entirety. Someday maybe.

That night I went with my mom and sisters to the General Women's Conference and then we went and played some games at the penny arcade in Manitou. I didn't think it was possible to be normal again after my miscarriage. I didn't think I would be able to be silly again, but thankfully, I am beginning to get my sense of humor back.


Until next time-
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: