Monday, November 30, 2009

What a HUGE giving of thanks!

We had been anticipating a huge Thanksgiving ever since Shannon and Steve announced their engagement. The holiday lived up to its' expectation this year and there was so much busy fun being had by all. Trenton and I started the day by going up to Briargate for Trenton to run the "Turkey Trot". It's a 5K race and he did wonderfully. To date he has lost 30 pounds and he's full of pure determination to keep on that path. I am so impressed by his strength. The rest of the holiday was stuffed with family time. And I use the word "stuffed" to describe every aspect of the day. Our hours, houses, tables, and stomachs were stuffed the...entire...day. It was awesome.

This is Trenton and his friend Buddy. He just lost over a hundred pounds and then ran a race! I felt guilty for even thinking about the doughnuts I was going to have for breakfast when I was around those two!

Laurie did a fantastic job as usual at providing us with delicious turkey and all the traditional trimmings. The weather was perfect. It felt like summer!

Dinner at my mom's house is a little different from my relaxing Thanksgiving at Trenton's mom's. From the second you walk into my mom's you're bombarded with babies and tasks that need to be taken care of, and brothers and a dad that bring up "trigger topics", and sisters that are pissed off at someone because they said this or that about this or that.







And we finished the night off like any Thanksgiving should. Pie really does heal all wounds. Thanks Christy, for the delicious bandages.
Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: