Monday, November 30, 2009

They're Hitched!

Shannon became a Foote on Saturday when she married the love of her life, Stephen Foote. Saturday was a beautiful, warm, sunny day that went off without a hitch. Well...except for the wedding...that hitch happened. The night before Shannon and her six bridesmaids went to the Embassy Suites in Denver and played until morning. When Shannon woke up on her wedding day you would have thought it was Christmas. And for her, it was. I'm so happy for you guys. Welcome to this crazy family Steve.


Trenton and I celebrated the evening by toasting with some sparkling grape juice and going right to sleep. Do you remember how tired you'd be after playing in the sun all day- swimming, riding your bike, running, and how good it felt to crawl into bed? Multiply that by a hundred and that's how satisfying it was to go to sleep that night. The next morning we had Ben's blessing. Thanks to all of you that joined us to celebrate our little baby boy.
Laurie loaned me an outfit that Trenton, Tad, and Tate all wore when they were babies.

Hey listen, I want to quickly thank all of you that have been keeping Trenton and me in your thoughts and prayers as Trenton searches for employment. Even with the concerns associated with that, your love and company has kept us afloat. I have complete faith that everything will work out just fine and I thank God everyday that I have been given the friends and family that I have. We're just going to keep on keeping on and see what happens next. Until then, I'm going to be grateful for the unbelievable gifts we have been blessed with.
Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Congratulations to your sister!! Everytime I see her she is so happy she is glowing. Ah, love! Her husband looks so familiar to me and I don't know why. It's going to bug me until I figure it out. That picture of the women about to catch the bouquet cracked me up. That lady with the baseball glove and net is a hoot!

Mel said...

We have "Foote" in our family--I wonder if he is related?

You have been a busy lady, but it all looks so fun!

COKE FAMILY said...

Hi Janet, not sure if you remember me. Shannon and I were in singles together and our moms are in the same ward. I saw Shannon at Target a couple of weeks after she got married. Tell her hi and please give her my blog address. Your blog is adorable! I wish I was as good as keeping mine updated. Dani www.familycoke.blogspot.com