Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

 It was so fun celebrating the Christmas season with our own little Christmas baby. 



We enjoyed the lights and animals at the zoo.




Christmas at Grandma Laurie's.  Emma is wearing the party dress Shannon gave her for her birthday.


Grandma gave Emma her first Doll.




Emma and I were supposed to fly out to Iowa on Christmas Eve to be with Trenton (he had driven out with his mom earlier) but the flight was cancelled due to snow and ice.  Our next flight wasn't until very early Christmas morning.  So we had our very own cozy celebration at Shannon's and slept under the tree. Around three in the morning I woke up to the sound of a little mouse.  But it was Emma getting into Shannon's candy bowl and quietly eating Hershey Kisses.  She had probably eaten 20 of them before I realized it.  Little sneak. 







We finally arrived in Iowa to be with Trenton's family.  We had lots of yummy treats, played BINGO, and opened gifts.  So fun.







Since it was such a rushed trip, the only time we had to spend with Trenton's dad was when we were driving back to the airport.  Emma got some good cuddle time in though.


When I got back to Denver, all flights had been delayed/cancelled.  It was so frustrating knowing I was only an hour's drive from home, but I was stuck.  I noticed a grandma with a Christmas sweater that lit up in the line for rental cars and figured she'd be safe to ask if she'd like to split the cost.  She agreed and we found two other people that were headed to Colorado Springs.  In less than 20 minutes we were on the road.  I got home around 4 in the morning and found Heather and Shannon awake and waiting for me in my family room.  We shared some ramen and finally drifted off.  The next morning, I mentioned how I hadn't been feeling well the past week.  Heather suggested I take a pregnancy test- and wouldn't you know...The line was faint, but there...it was positive!


We celebrated with pancakes at IHOP and I waited impatiently for Trenton to drive back from Iowa.  Best Christmas present ever!

Janet

5 comments:

rachel said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you! Hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Yea!! Congrats!! I am happy for you guys! See you in a few months. I love you guys!

Rach said...

Wow!! Congrats on baby #2!

Ruth Worthington said...

I am so happy for you guys! Its obvious you will have cute kids...and we need more of those! :) I hope you are feeling better, let me know if you need anything!

Mrs. J said...

Congrats on baby #2!