Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sorry if I Don't Make Much Sense...I'm in a Sugar Coma.

Well, I made it through an entire week on my own. Trenton got back from his business trip in California after leaving for more than just a few days for the first time since Emma was born. I am happy to report that Emma and I both made it out alive and well. Obviously I prefer having him home, but it gave Emma a chance to brush up on saying "Mama" instead of her ever-constant, "Dada". Trenton used to go on business trips all the time before Emma came along, and it was always so excruciating to have him away from home. I remember looking forward to having a child- a buddy- a companion while Trenton was at work or traveling and I am so thankful to finally have my little girlfriend to play, shop, and dine with. On Friday, my mom and three sisters came over to have dinner and watch a movie. There is just something so comforting about being in a house full of women that you're related to. There aren't any expectations-you're free to talk about anything without worrying about being judged. It reminded me of when I was growing up- we all used to pile in Heather's bed late at night when we couldn't sleep. Some of my happiest memories are of us draped across the bed in the pitch black making up stupid songs.

Speaking of female traditions-Emma and I went over to Laurie's to engage in our annual cookie/candy making extravaganza. I call it that because the amount of chocolate in that kitchen was truly a sight for sore eyes. Laurie made us all new aprons...including one for my little sous chef. It was fun seeing you, Cindy, Courtney, and Corey!

Saturday evening we went to the Festival of Lights and then had Chinese back at our house. Even with all my efforts I hadn't been in the Christmas mood...until now!

Here is the Search and Rescue "Float". I am eternally grateful to this group of individuals that brave all types of weather, terrain, and odds to find our loved ones. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have my husband (who doesn't seem to understand that Mother Nature is stronger than him). Thank you Search and Rescue!


Here Comes Santa Claus...



I'm ready...Bring on the mistletoe!
Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma and Gary

No comments: