Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tanjoubi Omedetou Trenton!



I thought I'd stick with the theme and wish Trenton a happy birthday in Japanese! We spent the majority of last week celebrating Trenton's birthday. On the actual day, we went on a date to see the new Batman movie and then to Mimi's with the fam to celebrate with Christy, since it was her birthday too. Trenton's only request this year for his birthday was to have sushi, so we invited Mike and Julie, Steve, Trina and their daughter, and Shannon and Autum over for a sushi party. In our family, sushi parties are notoriously crowded, loud, and fun! It's so much better making your own, especially when Mike is around, because you get to try all sorts of new combinations and things that restaurants don't offer (like smoked salmon and blue cheese- Hey...don't knock it 'till you try it).




One of Patti's friends from work threw her a bridal shower this weekend up in Castle Rock and I think she really had a good time. It made it that much more real that the wedding is only a month away!


After the shower we celebrated Trenton's B-day with his family at Claim Jumper. It was soooooo yummy!

Emma has been growing like a wildflower! She is crawling, standing on her own, eating cheerios, and even (accidentally) crawled up the stairs last night! My brother-in-law Tim was downstairs and I heard, "Janet, did you know Emma could do this?" Just today she started cruising along furniture. It blows my mind how quickly babies learn and it makes me feel kind of dumb...

Emma loves to do pretty much anything with Trenton, and I love watching them play when they don't think I'm looking. They are putting a puzzle together here... (That's my girl flashing the peace sign!)

Have you ever had a time in your life when, even though things aren't ideal financially or circumstantially, you feel truly content? You think of your past relationships and experiences and recognize that you are exactly where you're supposed to be, next to the person you're supposed to be with. There are moments where I am so completely overwhelmed by how blessed we are. I feel lucky to be so in love, and to have such a perfect little Emma. It's easy for me to wonder when things will go south, but I think for now, I'm just going to be thankful that I have such a wonderful husband, who is such an amazing daddy, and a warm (or cool) home to raise our beautiful baby in.




Love,

Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Gary

No comments: