Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Love the Smell of Sunscreen

We had such a fun weekend, but first I included some pictures from the guys getting fitted for their tuxes for Tate and Patti's wedding. It's less than two months away and I'm so excited for them! It will be fun to see Tate, Tad and Trenton all polished and looking like gentlemen (although looks can be deceiving)...





Yesterday we went to Pueblo Reservoir and played in the water. Trenton went out on his friend's boat with coworkers and I went and stole my friend Lisa and her kids, Davin and Sadie, away for the day. We found this beachy area and enjoyed snacking in the shade and swimming. Trenton went wake-boarding and got up a few times. I think more than anything he just enjoyed being in the water and staying cool. Emma had a blast like she normally does, although I think she's just generally happy to be alive.



Tonight was nice and relaxing. I made Trenton's Grandma Freda's famous and dangerously yummy home-made chicken and noodles for his family. I think it turned out okay, or maybe they're just good actors...either way, I think everyone in the world should try it. Here is the recipe as it was given to me:
Take 2-3 eggs and add flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Roll it out and slice into noodle sized...well...noodles. Let them dry out for a good portion of the day on a baking sheet. Boil chicken in two cups of water and add a couple cans of chicken broth. Add noodles and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes covered and another 20 minutes uncovered. Now here is what makes it special... You MUST serve the noodles over mashed potatoes. I know it seems impossible to eat that many carbs in one meal, so I'll usually offer rolls or muffins to balance it out. Just salt and pepper to taste and you'll never be the same again!



I wish you happy noodles and a relaxing, carb-induced coma!
Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma and Gary

No comments: