Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Break 2015

The kids kicked off their spring break by going with Trenton and Laurie to Nebraska to visit their great grandparents.  They were spoiled with so much love, attention, and seriously yummy food.

 

 



 








 
While my family was gone, I did some much needed relaxing, spring cleaning, and snuggling with our sweet animals.  I spent the most wonderful weekend with my mom and Shannon.  There is an antique store that we love visiting, but I rarely go because I'm hesitant to take the kiddos.  It was a perfect opportunity to take our time and wander through each and every isle.  We got a little silly too.  I enjoyed cooking a garden fresh meal for them- rainbow colored carrots and basil lasagna, which we ate while watching the General Women's Conference. 
 

 
 



 
 
As much as I enjoyed the break, I was so happy to have my family back.  We took advantage of an unusually warm day and went to the zoo with my friends Tricia and Janette.  The zoo is always a good time. 
 
















 
 
Lyla put these girl scout cookies on her eyes and said, "I'm at the spa."  She must have seen someone put cucumbers on their eyes and say that.  But I agree with her- chocolate makes me feel like I'm at the spa too.
 


Unfortunately, we all came down with a horrible upper respiratory infection that really put a damper on the fun we were having.  Trenton and the kids were able to fight it pretty quickly, but I was bed-ridden for an entire week and stayed sick for another 2.  Finally I went to the doctor and was treated for bronchitis.  We were sick during Christmas break too...I really hope this doesn't become a family tradition.

 

No comments: