Monday, February 9, 2015

Romance

For the first time in 5 months, Trenton and I decided to get a babysitter and actually go OUT!  We date each other plenty, but those dates usually consist of putting the kids to bed and popping popcorn and watching movies on the couch.  Don't get me wrong- I love having quiet nights in.  But I think it's important to get out of my yoga pants every once in a while and have a beautiful meal prepared somewhere other than my own kitchen.  So Trenton and I decided to pretend we were on our first date.  It was hilarious, and after a while, kind of educational.  I actually learned stuff about him that even 10 years of marriage hadn't taught me.  And it reminded me that I truly am the luckiest woman on the planet.  If this had actually been our first date, a second date would have been a sure thing.  Luckily, he's already all mine. 
 
We ate at coquettes and enjoyed sautéed rainbow chard with mushroom, almonds, and red pepper purée, with grilled polenta cakes.  Glorious, beautiful food.
 
I love you, Trenton!


 

No comments: